Did you know that 75% of internet users don’t scroll past the first page of search results? In fact, I bet that you and I are both a part of this large portion of internet users who disregard anything beyond the first page.
That is why, if you wish to get more eyes on your website, keeping tabs on where it ranks for important keywords is extremely important.
SE Ranking is a well-known keyword tracking software that many use to improve their search engine rankings. It’s got some great features, but it definitely falls short in a few areas that I will be covering here.
So, read on for the lowdown on SE Ranking’s strengths and weaknesses. I’ve got several SE Ranking alternatives listed below that should fill those gaps.
Table of Contents
Overview of SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a robust SEO toolkit tailored for the needs of small to medium-sized agencies and in-house teams. Its datasets are used to help SEO professionals in crafting and executing digital marketing strategies.
- Keyword rank tracker — used for pinpointing top-performing keywords for high traffic, proactively preventing ranking drops, and refining your SEO strategy by focusing on promising keywords and pages.
- On-page SEO checker — provides a checklist of actions to enhance a page’s rankings directly. It assesses page elements and metrics crucial for search engines to determine content relevance and user experience.
- Website audit — evaluates a website’s score and uncovers growth prospects.
- Backlink checker — assesses the backlinks of any domain and helps you formulate a strategy based on the findings.
- Local marketing tool — enhances your online presence for increased discoverability in local search.
- Competitive analysis — examines competitor websites for valuable business insights for both your own and your clients’ enterprises.
Pros & cons
SE Ranking has a detailed interface tailored for marketing professionals, offering 360-degree data for projects and incorporating efficient AI-powered tools.
However, SE Ranking may pose challenges with its overwhelming dashboard, slow loading times, and average data accuracy.
Beginners may find it cluttered, and the platform’s pricing is higher than similar tools. Additionally, the absence of options for specific user requests and occasionally ambiguous customer support solutions are notable drawbacks.
Why look for an alternative to SE Ranking?
While I would say that SE Ranking does a good job when it comes to keyword research, its users (myself included) have noticed that it sometimes fails to generate enough relevant keywords for specific niches or industries.
Integration with web analysis tools also gets identified as a potential weakness — and I, for one, would like to see more integration options with CRM platforms.
Plus, some users have noted SE Ranking’s lack of customization options, even in the most comprehensive plans.
Finally, while some SEO professionals may thrive on so many features to choose from, the abundance of features can be overwhelming for some users, especially beginners.
As this platform markets itself as a tool for SMBs, the user interface and overall UX could be simpler.
The best SE Ranking alternative
Now that we’ve covered the advantages and disadvantages of SE Ranking, let’s go over some brilliant alternatives!
I know what you’re thinking — okay, I’m reading this on Serpple’s website, so of course they’re going to name it the best alternative out there — but let me make my case for why I genuinely endorse Serpple as the top alternative!
Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly solution, advanced analytics, enhanced keyword research, or specific SEO capabilities, Serpple is designed to fill those gaps and present you with the best possible bang for your buck.
The best thing about it? It’s incredibly easy to use. The tool’s intuitive dashboard helps you track your search engine ranking in just a few steps. Once you’ve added your domain and the keywords you wish to track for it, the tool will take over from there.
- Keyword grouping — this feature organizes keyword rankings by each page, facilitating easy tracking of individual page performance and providing improvement recommendations.
- Competitive analysis — offers competitor tracking and competitive keyword analysis so that you can monitor organic changes and stay ahead of the competition.
- SEO content audit tool — scans each page individually, offering SEO insights to enhance content optimization and improve visibility, engagement, and conversions.
- Keyword research — goes beyond tracking by presenting overlooked keywords’ traffic periodically, allowing users to discover high-impact keywords and keyword ideas.
- Daily Google ranking updates — provides daily Google ranking updates with an impressive accuracy rate of 99.9%, ensuring users have up-to-date data for informed decisions.
- White-label ranking reports — enables SEO agencies and consultants to white-label ranking reports, providing professional, branded reports to clients.
- Dynamic graphs — allows users to visualize SEO efforts through dynamic graphs, aiding in understanding trends and changes in rankings.
- Email triggers — enables users to set email triggers for receiving alerts when specific changes or improvements are needed, ensuring they stay on top of their SEO strategy.
- Trend prediction — Serpple is able to forecast upcoming keyword trends, empowering you to optimize your content for emerging topics and outpace your competitors.
- Data precision — the tool boasts unparalleled data accuracy, ensuring that the keywords insights guiding your SEO strategy are of the highest quality.
- Real-time tracking — Serpple keeps pace with the ever-evolving search landscape through real-time tracking, providing real-time data on your keyword rankings.
- Keyword grouping — you can break away from traditional lists by grouping your keyword rankings according to each website page.
- User-friendly interface — unlike SE Ranking, Serpple’s dashboard is intuitive and aesthetic, catering to both SEO professionals and beginners.
- Budget-friendly — Serpple makes excellence affordable with a modest starting price of just $19/ month.
- Serpple currently only works with Google Search
There is no free plan available — however, there is a 14-day free trial, and paid plans are at a much lower price point than those of SE Ranking
- Side Hustler — $19/month
- Entrepreneur — $29/month
- Agency — $99/month
Serpple has an average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on G2, and 5 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
AccuRanker has long been a go-to choice for digital marketers and SEO professionals. Renowned for its reliability as a rank-tracking tool, it has earned its place as a trusted name.
With effective keyword tracking capabilities and a user-friendly interface, AccuRanker is well-regarded in the industry. However, I would say that its price tag might be steep for smaller businesses.
I’ve also looked at recent user reviews and found that some reported occasional data inaccuracies.
Even so, AccuRanker remains a robust rank tracking tool that, in my opinion, outshines SE Ranking’s performance.
- Keyword tracking
- Ranking distribution
- Comprehensive SERP analysis
- Historical insights
- Competitor tracking
- Multi search engine tracking (Google, Bing and YouTube)
- Reliable rank and position tracking features
- User-friendly interface
- Historical data access
- Lots of integration options
- Global reach with tracking available in twelve countries
- Higher price
- Occasional data inaccuracies
- Filtering limitations (the ability to filter by individual pages is lacking)
- Metrics and reports may be challenging to understand, especially beginners
- The free trial is available exclusively to users with company emails
- Starting price — €129/month for 1000 keywords
AccuRanker has an average score of 4.8 out of 5 stars on G2, and 5 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
I included Mangools here because it is an easy-to-use, intuitive SEO software designed for keyword rank tracking and keyword research. It can be used as a web app or a browser extension for Chrome or Firefox, and I would say it caters to both beginners and advanced freelance users.
However, for seasoned SEO professionals and marketing teams, the somewhat limited keyword database and analytics might not match up to the offerings of other tools in the market.
- Competitor keyword analysis
- Organize keywords with keyword lists
- Local keyword research
- Search volume and keyword metrics
- SERP analysis and SEO metrics
- User-friendly UX, geared towards beginners
- Local SERP Simulation with SERP previews for over 52,000 locations
- Easily shareable reports
- Modest keyword database, exclusive to Google
- Off-site analytics and metrics could use some improvement
- Entry plan — €29/month
- Basic plan — €49/month
- Premium plan — €69/month
- Agency plan — €129/month
Mangools has an average score of 4.6 out of 5 stars on G2, and 5 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
Rank Tracker (SEO PowerSuite)
Rank Tracker (SEO Powersuite) is another good tool used for monitoring keywords, featuring customizable dashboards and SEO reports to help you rank higher on Google.
Rank Tracker provides keyword tracking capabilities and allows users to assess positions in both desktop and mobile SERPs, optimize for local searches, conduct thorough keyword research, and analyze competitors’ keywords and traffic.
However, if you’re new to the platform, you might encounter navigational challenges due to its slightly outdated and complex interface.
- SERP tracking/analysis
- Local rank tracker
- Keyword research tools
- Backlink analysis and history
- Website audit
- SEO content optimizer
- Competition research
- SEO reports
- Unlimited capacity for adding keywords and projects
Automated daily rank checks for ongoing keyword tracking
- Comprehensive analysis of SERP features for your site
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google Metrics, and Keyword Planner
- Part of a larger SEO suite
- Free plan
- Slow customer support
- Not ideal for beginners
- Free plan
- Professional plan — $299/year
- Enterprise — $499/year
SEO PowerSuite has an average user rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars on G2, and 4.9 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
Semrush is a comprehensive web-based solution for SEO and digital marketing, primarily catering to large-scale businesses and professionals due to its extensive set of features. While it includes tools like keyword tracking, you may need some time to understand all the features.
That said, its keyword research tool is certainly widely acclaimed as one of the best in the market. However, the initial cost of $129.95/month can be quite high for small businesses that engage in minimal SEO work.
- Keyword rank tracking
- Link building
- Local SEO
- Competitor analysis
- Keyword research
- On-page SEO ideas
- Google Search Console and Google Analytics integration
- Large keyword and backlink databases
- Great customer support
- Higher price compared to competitors
- Steep learning curve
- Some key features are only available in the pricier plans (e.g. access to historical data or the content marketing toolkit)
- Pro plan — $129.95/month
- Guru plan — $249.95/month
- Business plan — $499.95/month
Semrush has an average user score of 4.5 out of 5 stars on G2, and 4.5 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
Moz Pro is another comprehensive SEO solution that provides valuable insights to enhance website optimization and increase traffic. It can help improve your SEO performance, allowing you to customize the impact of SEO on your site.
Moreover, I’d say its main selling point are its user-friendly features, making it suitable for individuals without extensive technical expertise. However, the tool is a little outdated — it still relies on metrics like Domain Authority instead of Domain Ranking.
- Keyword research
- Domain analysis
- Competitive research and analysis
- Local SEO
- SERP tracking and analytics
- Extensive link analysis
- Organic visibility boosts
- More features are needed for agencies and bigger teams
- Non-intuitive UI
- Basic backlink data
- Outdated metrics (DA instead of DR)
- Standard plan — $99/month
- Medium plan — $179/month
- Large plan — $299/month
- Premium plan — $599/month
Moz Pro has an average score of 4.3 out of 5 stars on G2, and 4.5 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
Ahrefs is another popular software offering comprehensive SEO tools and educational resources for marketing professionals. With a database of over 11 billion keywords and 400 billion indexed pages, in my experience, Ahrefs ensures maximum data accuracy for users.
Ahrefs has good data, but it can be overwhelming, and I find myself only using just a small percentage of all the tools they offer – for a good amount of money.
While it’s great at domain ranking and batch analyses, it doesn’t refresh automatically, so it takes a little while to notice any changes.
- Competitor research
- Link building
- Long tail keyword research
- Website audit
- Content research
- Rank tracking
- Mentions monitoring
- An all-in-one marketing tool
- Extensive keyword database
- Great at domain ranking and batch analysis
- Too expensive compared to competitors
- The UI and UX are lacking
- The tool can sometimes take too long to load changes
- Lite plan — €89/month
- Standard plan — €179/month
- Advanced plan — €369/month
- Enterprise plan — €899/month
Ahrefs has an average user score of 4.5 out of 5 stars on G2, and 4.7 out of 5 stars on Product Hunt.
To sum up, while SE Ranking has its merits, I believe that users should consider alternatives that might better suit their needs.
Serpple, with its user-friendly interface, dynamic features, and budget-friendly price point, stands out as the perfect alternative to many SEO toolkits, not just SE Ranking. Its intuitive features, such as keyword grouping, competitor analysis, and content audit will make your SEO tasks a breeze.
Serpple’s range of tools and ability to offer affordable pricing starting at just $19 per month give it a winning edge.
So, if you’re looking for a seamless and effective SEO tool that goes beyond the basics, Serpple is your go-to solution. Sign up for a 14-day free trial today and stay ahead in the digital game with Serpple
This depends on what your particular SEO needs are. SE Ranking has a slightly more user-friendly interface and more affordable pricing, while Serpstat is praised for its extensive database and in-depth analytics.
I would say that Semrush is the better tool here. It’s more intuitive and has a more comprehensive keyword database than SE Ranking.
SE Ranking has been known to have issues with accuracy, affecting the overall efficiency of the tool.
The major downsides to SE Ranking is its higher price point at $55/month. It also has a cluttered interface which can be difficult for beginners to master, and the accuracy of data it provides can be quite average and imprecise.